Work Visa & U.S. Tax Laws – IRS, FBAR & FATCA Compliance

Work Visa & U.S. Tax Laws – Are You In IRS Compliance? Work Visa & U.S. Tax Laws – Are You In IRS Compliance? (Golding & Golding, A PLC) When a person obtains a work visa, such as an H-1B, L-1, or E-2, there may be significant (and unfortunate) tax consequences that the individual may not have contemplated before. This is especially true, because often times when people refer to U.S. taxation they refer to citizen-based taxation (CBT), which is inaccurate. Work Visa & U.S. Tax Laws Since a non-US person who has attained a work visa in the United States is not considered a US citizen, it can be confusing to realize that “U.S. citizen” for purposes tax in the US goes far beyond just U.S. citizens. U.S. Person for Tax Purposes The proper term when referring to the taxation of individuals by the United States should be U.S. person. That is because taxation of U.S. Citizens is much more broad than just U.S. citizens and includes the…

Read more detail on Recent Tax Law posts –

This entry was posted in Tax Law and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply