How to Respond to a Divorce Petition in Arizona

Even when you’re expecting divorce papers, being served a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage isn’t a pleasant experience. It means your spouse has initiated the formal divorce process in Arizona, and it’s now up to you to respond.  We’re not talking about your emotional response, or a polite text message to let your spouse know you received the papers. No, we’re talking about your legal response to the court.  If you’re feeling anxious, the good news is you don’t have to handle the response on your own. The best thing to do is get in touch with your attorney, or hire an attorney if you haven’t already done so. An experienced family law attorney can help you achieve the outcome you desire, whether it’s to get this over as quickly and painlessly as possible, push back against unfair claims, or even to make an attempt at conciliation.  What Does Respondent Mean? First, let’s cover a few simple definitions…

Read more detail on Recent Family Law posts –

This entry was posted in Divorce Law and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply