October 2011 – In 2010, nearly 20,000 homeowners appealed their property taxes in New Jersey – and nearly two-thirds succeeded in having their assessments reduced by $25,000.00 to $75,000.00 – thereby lowering their taxes in many cases by $10,000.00 over 12 years.
This seminar –- hosted by Peter Jordan of Prudential New Jersey Properties — will help you determine if your property value is overassessed and explain what you need to know in order to successfully challenge your assessment in your township.
Topics will include:
• How individual property assessments and taxes are calculated
• Rules for determining if you have a winnable case
• How to choose the best comparable sales to defend your value
• Common pitfalls and problems that can lead to a permanent dismissal of your case – and how to avoid them!
Special guest speakers:
Real Estate Appraiser & Consultant (PAI Appraisers)
Real Estate Tax Attorney
* As a thank you for attending, each homeowner will receive a free, complimentary assessment of their current eligibility for a tax appeal.
When: Monday, November 28th, 7:00-8:30PM
Where: Scotch Plains Public Library
1927 Bartle Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ
Limited seating. Reservations required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text (732) 910-1301 to reserve seating today.