Child Support After 18 & Post-Secondary Education

How long do I have to pay child support? It’s a question we hear often. As is so often the case in family law matters, there’s a quick answer and a more in-depth conversation. And what about post-secondary education? How do you plan for that following divorce? One of our founding partners, Rick Jones, makes regular appearances on the Danny Bonaduce and Sarah Morning Show, where he answers family law questions from listeners. One recent caller has questions about how much longer he has to continue paying child support, as well as if he’s on the hook for post-secondary education expenses. Listen to the Conversation Here: Caller: “My son is 18. He was held back in school by his mother. We’re not married. I’ve been paying child support for 18 years. He lives on the property but lives in an outbuilding, so to speak. It’s nice, don’t get me wrong, it’s not a shed. He’s taken care of. He decided to move out of the home out…

Read more detail on Recent Family Law posts –

This entry was posted in Divorce Law and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply