Can't Find Your Spouse? Check For Mug Shots.

One of the first steps in initiating a divorce or other proceeding is to have a petition and other papers served on the other party (the "Respondent"). Sometimes the Respondent does not want to be found. Other times, the Respondent is, well, in the slammer. So how do you find out whether he or she is behind bars? For arrests that occur in Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, or Manatee counties, the St. Petersburg Times offers a solution at it "Mug Shot" site, accessible at You can browse through recent arrests or search for specific people to see whether they have had a mug shot taken within the past 60 days. You should note that Mug Shots may not have all arrest records, and you may need to search individual sheriff's websites for more accurate information.

Read more detail on Recent Family Law Posts –

This entry was posted in Divorce Law and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply