Can My Ex Track Me During My Parenting Time?

Question: My ex-wife is trying to use a tracking device during my parenting time with our son. She has not previously brought up that I have done anything illegal or tried to remove him from our home state or refused any contact with her. I feel like this kind of monitoring is not only unnecessary, but also unhealthy. Our son has had a difficult time adjusting to our divorce and this seems to send the message that I cannot be trusted. I just want him to be able to adapt to our new family dynamic as smoothly as possible. What legal grounds does she have to demand such a thing? Answer: Please be advised that I am barred in Pennsylvania and will answer your question based on my expertise and experience in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is considered a two-party consent state, meaning that as between private citizens, the person attempting to record or track another person must have the other party’s consent or a court order in order to do so. A party’s illegal recording…

Read more detail on Recent Family Law posts –

This entry was posted in Divorce Law and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply