Anthony Kennedy: The Judge Who Never Left the Republican Party
When the Republican Party in 1980 nominated Ronald Reagan for president and Al D’Amato captured the Republican nomination for the New York Senate seat, I walked out. Over the next forty years, prominent Republican members of the federal judiciary trod down the same path. By the time they left the bench, Harry Blackmun, John Paul Stevens, David Souter and Richard Posner were no longer Republicans. Sandra Day O’Connor in her last years on the bench did little to hide her disgust with Bush Administration and Republican politics.Anthony Kennedy never left the Republican Party. He was a sound Republican when nominated by Ronald Reagan and as sound a Republican when he allowed Donald Trump to choose his replacement. Kennedy never wavered in his commitments to constructing a constitutional politics that favored the GOP. From Bush v. Gore (2000) in his early years on the Court to Shelby County v. Holder (2013) in his later years, Kennedy…
Read more detail on Recent Constitutional Law posts –
- Judge Sontchi (Bankr. D. Del.) Holds That Bankruptcy Courts May Enter Final Judgment on Core Fraudulent Transfer Claims Against Party With No Filed Claim
- Who Will Trump Select to Replace Retiring US Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy?
- Anthony Kennedy, swing justice, announces retirement
- "Trump is a lightning rod, and has been for some time. It is fashionable and easy to hate his work. In certain quarters, it seems to be required…"
- George Padmore (28 June 1903 – 23 September 1959): author, journalist, Left organizer and activist (against colonialism, imperialism and Empire), one-time Communist Party member, socialist, and Pan-Africanist intellectual
- THEY NEVER MEANT TO STOP AT ALEX JONES: The Left Won’t Stop At Alex Jones. The Slippery Slope Is …
- Review of “The Great Comeback: How Abraham Lincoln Beat the Odds to Win the 1860 Republican Nomination” by Gary Ecelbarger
- District judge in the SDNY: Embedding links to third –party web content is copyright infringement
- Huckabee Will Not Seek Republican Presidential Nomination
- Tea Party Justice