What common errors could lead to a medical malpractice claim?
When a person in Connecticut is sick or injured, their primary concern is regaining their health. What they shouldn't have to worry about is that the medical professional treating them will make a mistake. Unfortunately, physicians sometimes act negligently, which could lead to further harm. The following are some common types of medical errors medical professionals may make. Misdiagnosis is the most prevalent type of medical mistake in the U.S. This is significant as a misdiagnosis can mean that a person's medical condition is going untreated, which could ultimately end up in death. Medication errors are also common. In fact, according to one source, more than 60 percent of people in the hospital are not given their regular medications. In fact, an Institute of Medicine report states that each year around 1.5 billion people in the U.S. are subjected to a medication error. Unnecessary treatment and unnecessary tests are also common medical mistakes physicians…
Read more detail on Recent Medical Malpractice posts –
- Most Common Medical Malpractice Errors History of Common Malpractice Errors May Be Unknown to Patients A recent investigation led by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, USA Today and MedPage Today found that even when surrendering […]
- Common Clerical Errors That Cause Medical Injuries: Part I Typically, when people picture medical malpractice, they think of obvious errors made during surgery. Often, however, the most harmful mistakes occur at completely unexpected points in the […]
- Informed Consent Claims in New York Medical Malpractice Cases: The Basics of a Claim The relationship between physician and patient is a partnership when it is functioning properly. This is a partnership in which trust is a foundational and indispensable component. When […]
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim For the Infection I Got in an Iowa Hospital? The post Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim For the Infection I Got in an Iowa Hospital? appeared first on RSH Legal.
Read more detail on Recent Medical Malpractice posts - Justia […]
- Federal Jury Awards Over $18 Million to HIV Patient in Medical Malpractice Claim Diagnosing HIV is in its early stages is critical to ensure the disease does not progress. If you or a loved one has been injured due to a missed or delayed HIV diagnosis, you may be […]
- How Often Does Medical Malpractice Occur Because of Medication and Prescription Errors? Patients injured by prescription drug errors may be able to file medical malpractice claims for their injuries.
Read more detail on Recent Products Liability posts -
- When Chiropractic Errors Are Medical Malpractice Chiropractic injuries are rare, but when they occur, they often have devastating consequences. If they happen to you or someone you love, it’s important to remember that you are not ... […]
- Johns Hopkins Evades Maryland Woman’s Medical Malpractice Claim Over Misdiagnosis of Rare Disease A misdiagnosis can have severe and long-term consequences for a patient. If you have been hurt because a medical professional misdiagnosed your condition, you may be able to seek […]
- CASE REPORT: GILES COUNTY FAMILY WINS MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CLAIM
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Medical malpractice law
- Maryland Court Says Auto Accident Settlement Bars Subsequent Medical Malpractice Claim While people in every profession make mistakes from time to time, when a medical professional makes an error, it can cost a patient his or her life. If you have been injured or lost a […]