Children whose parents divorce sometimes suffer damage to their self-esteem, even when both parents act appropriately. The following steps can help build childrens self-esteem:
- Give your child a sincere compliment when you see him/her doing well or being good.
- Spend time doing things together with your child and let your child choose the activities.
- Ask for, listen to, and consider your childs input on family decisions.
- Dont criticize or belittle the other parent.
- Give your child responsibilities at home so that he/she can contribute and feel competent.
- Teach your child how to do a task correctly, but dont come behind the child and redo what he/she did.
- Share your pride in your childs accomplishments with your friends and do so in front of your child.
- Avoid using derogatory labels when addressing your child, and never call your child any of the following: stupid, dumb, lazy, clumsy, or crazy.
- Show your love in as many ways as you can – both physically and verbally.
- Teach your child about Gods unconditional love.
Source: "Helping Your Child Cope With Divorce," published by Abingdon Press in their FaithHome for Parents series.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Divorce LawLegal notice about the Ways to Help Build Your Childrens Self-Esteem rubric : Hukuki Net Legal News is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content from Web sites outside of the Hukuki.net site. Please refer the progenitor link to check the legal entity of this resource hereinabove.
Do you need High Quality Legal documents or forms related to Ways to Help Build Your Childrens Self-Esteem?