Using Google Maps costs more than you think.
Via LLRX – Using Google Maps costs more than you think. – Jason Voiovich’s article focuses on a subject of recent attention by Congress, privacy groups and journalists, both in the U.S. and abroad. Tech Giants distribute services and applications that are free, but nevertheless track and monitor your mobile activities – collecting, aggregating and monetizing information about many facets of your daily life. In this case, Voiovich discusses Google Maps with the understanding that his evaluation is applicable to many other services and companies – all of whom are providing you with their “services” at no “cost” until such time as you understand the price you are really paying to use them.
Read more detail on Recent Legal Marketing posts –
- 33 Google Maps Tricks You Need to Try Google PC Magazine: Google Maps is a Swiss Army Knife chock-full of hidden navigation, geospatial search, and customization tools. Here’s how to unlock your map app’s full potential.
Read more […]
- Google Maps Go are alternative to Google Maps ghacks.net: “Google unveiled Android Go some time ago. Android Go is an optimized version of Android designed specifically for low-end devices and infrastructure….Google launched several […]
- Friday Fun: Google Maps, the Creepy Video Hat tip to Google Blogoscoped. [JH]
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Law Librarians
- Google Assistant arrives on Google Maps TechCrunch: “We’ve known for a while now that Google Assistant (the company’s voice-powered AI, à la Siri or Alexa) would eventually be built right into Google Maps. They announced as […]
- Think with Google “We know how important it is for marketers to have their pulse on the latest consumer insights and industry trends. To help you easily stay up-to-date we organized hundreds of Google […]
- Your passion is more valuable than you think Following on yesterday’s post about making a career out of your passion (if possible), attorney John R. writes to lament that despite his best efforts, he cannot find a way he can do that […]
- Phishing Scam Costs Facebook And Google $100 Million Lithuanian Man Pleads Guilty to Scamming $100 Million From Facebook & Google Evaldas Rimasauskas pleaded guilty to scamming Facebook & Google out of $100 million. How did he do it? […]
- Express v. Forever 21: Ouch! Court Awards Defendants More than $700,000 in Attorneys Fees and Costs for a Successful Defense of Copyright and Trademark Infringement Claims My earlier post on this case ended with the question whether the successful defendants would seek attorneys' fees. The answer is a resounding yes. Judge Wright in the Central […]
- Authenticating Social Media Evidence Is Harder Than Lawyers Think Let’s play a game. You’re the judge. Under the following facts, is the social media evidence admissible? After obtaining a Court Order allowing him to obtain a criminal defendant’s […]
- What Can Roller Derby Girls Teach Us About IP Law? (Answer: More Than You Think) David Fagundes, Talk Derby to Me: Emergent Intellectual Property Norms Governing Roller Derby Pseudonyms (forthcoming Tex. L. Rev.), available at SSRN. Christopher Sprigman The orthodox […]
This entry was posted in Legal Marketing
and tagged costs
. Bookmark the permalink