US Bill Seeks to Affirm US Committment to International LBGTI Rights
Senator Edward Markey and Congressman Alan Lowenthal introduced the International Human Rights Defense Act of 2018 in both the house and the senate. The legislators seek to make the human rights commitment to LGTI rights a priority nationally and internationally….
Read more detail on Recent International Law posts –
Last search terms:
- Whitby seeks designation as International Baccalaureate (Greenwich Time) The Whitby School, the countrys oldest independent Montessori school, plans to adopt the International Baccalaureate program into its curriculum this fall.
Read more detail on Legal […]
- The Protection of Migrants under International Human Rights Law: Essay Award The Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at American University Washington College of Law requests the submission of papers for the Human Rights Essay Award. The topic for 2019 is: […]
- Haddad: The Hidden Hands of Justice: NGOs, Human Rights, and International Courts Heidi Nichols Haddad (Pomona College - Politics) has published The Hidden Hands of Justice: NGOs, Human Rights, and International Courts (Cambridge Univ. Press 2018). Here's the […]
- Call for Papers: Ensuring and Balancing the Rights of Defendants and Victims at International and Hybrid Criminal Courts PluriCourts has issued a call for papers for a conference on "Ensuring and Balancing the Rights of Defendants and Victims at International and Hybrid Criminal Courts," which will […]
- Senate Bill Seeks to Provide “Floor” for Cybersecurity Operational Standards for Internet-Connected Devices Purchased by Federal Agencies A recent bill introduced by Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) is attempting to place heightened security standards on all Internet of Things (IoT) devices procured by any federal agency. Should the […]
- Maryland Bill Seeks to Shorten Separation Periods A bill to shorten the separation periods for the no fault grounds for absolute divorce in Maryland has been introduced by Senator Zirkin. Senate Bill 139 would amend Section 7-103(a)(3) […]
- Bill Seeks to Immunize Volunteer Pilot Organizations from Liability for Injury to Passengers Senator Leahy of Vermont is pushing for a law that would insulate volunteer pilot organizations (such as Angel Flight West) from liability for injury the organization's pilots cause […]
- House Bill Seeks to Abolish PTAB & AIA Political Theater & Patent Reform The Stronger Patent Act has failed to gain traction for several years now. The Bill is deemed to one-sided, proposing legislative changes that would […]
- New Issue: International Journal of Human Rights The latest issue of the International Journal of Human Rights (Vol. 22, no. 4, 2018) is out. Contents include:Pontian N. Okoli & Chinedum I. Umeche, Jurisdictional conflicts and […]
- A new “Passenger Bill of Rights” and other potential legislative changes affecting the Canadian airline industry Bill C-49, the Transportation Modernization Act (the “Act”), had its 2nd reading in the House of Commons on June 19, 2017. The Act consists of a package of amendments to the Canada […]