Unselected FY 2019 H-1B Cap Filings Returned to Petitioners

  USCIS announced (https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-returns-unselected-fiscal-year-2019-h-1b-cap-subject-petitions ) yesterday that it has returned all FY2019 cap-subject H-1B petitions that were not selected in the “lottery”.   You may recall that between April 2-6, USCIS received 190,098 FY 2019 cap-subject H-1B petitions.  In May, USCIS completed its computer-generated random selection process for 20,000 US advanced degree petitions as well as the 65,000 remaining FY2019 spots. Many of these petitions were subject to requests for more evidence (RFEs).  Simple division indicates that for FY 2019, ~45% of the H-1B petitions were selected for processing, leaving ~55% (or 105,098 petitions) to be returned.   After August 13, 2018, petitioners who timely filed their FY2019 cap-subject H-1B petitions but did not receive an I-797 Notice of Action acknowledging receipt nor their returned petition (with unused filing fees), may contact…

Read more detail on Recent Immigration Law posts –

Related news:

This entry was posted in Immigration law and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply