Three Minnesota players questioned in sexual assault (USA Today)
Three University of Minnesota football players, including two from Ohio, were in police custody Friday to undergo questioning after allegations of criminal sexual conduct, the university said in a statement. Coach Tim Brewster immediately suspended the players until the investigation is complete. The allegations come on the eve of the teams spring intrasquad game.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Criminal Law
- The Three Biggest Sexual Assault Cases to Hit Texas We hear about sexual assaults often on the news. Sexual abuse can refer to a variety of actions. Sexual abuse can be a variety of pressures or actions that coerces another person to do […]
- Three U of M football players in custody (Pioneer Press) Three members of the University of Minnesota football team are in custody tonight following a complaint of criminal sexual conduct.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Family Law
- "Sugar Babies, Sexual Assault Claims, Takedown Demands, and Microaggressions" Eugene Volokh has this post at The Volokh Conspiracy, excerpting an interesting case from Minnesota. In part: Self-described "sugar baby" Shawdy Kiani initiated a four-month […]
- Minnesota Court Expands Criminal Sexual Conduct Definition Earlier this week, a three-panel appeals court broadened the legal definition of what constitutes criminal sexual conduct in Minnesota. The panel heard the case of Brian Wilkie of […]
- Michigan State Agrees to Pay Sexual Assault Victims $500 Million In a May 16, 2018 press release (here), Michigan State University announced that its board of trustees has approved a settlement in which the university agreed to pay MSU doctor Larry […]
- Cruise Ship Cook Arrested for Sexual Assault While in Croatia Last Friday, a cruise ship cook was arrested while on shore leave for reportedly sexually assaulting an older lady. The post Cruise Ship Cook Arrested for Sexual Assault While in Croatia […]
- Princess Cruises' Crewmember Arrested for Sexual Assault The Bermuda Sun reports a Princess Cruises' crewmember has been arrested and is facing charges for a sexual assault aboard the cruise ship Caribbean Princess, a Bermuda registered […]
- Sexual Assault Reported on the Carnival Conquest Cruise passengers aboard the Carnival Conquest are stating that the cruise ship was delayed for several hours in Aruba last night due to what the local press is reporting to be a sexual […]
- How Reliable Are the Memories of Sexual Assault Victims? Scientific American – The expert testimony excluded from the Kavanaugh hearing [Editorial note by SA: If Jim Hopper had been permitted to provide his expert testimony at the September 27, […]
- Plaintiff’s Sexual Assault Complaint Asserts Claims Against Michigan State’s Board of Trustees Stories of alleged sexual misconduct have dominated recent headlines. Allegations of sexual assault raised against Supreme Court Brett Kavanagh have been the lead story all week, and […]