The Lawfare Podcast: Jared Cohen on 'Accidental Presidents'
Jared Cohen is the founder and CEO of Jigsaw and Alphabet Inc., who previously ran Google Ideas and served as a member of the Secretary of State's policy planning staff and as an advisor to Condoleezza Rice and Hillary Clinton. He is also the author of a new book on the presidency called, "Accidental Presidents: Eight Men Who Changed America." It describes the times in American history when a president has died in office, forcing eight other men, who are neither the voters' nor their party's choice, to confront unparalleled challenges. David Priess spoke with Jared recently about their stories and the lessons we can learn from their experiences.
Read more detail on Recent International Law posts –
- The Lawfare Podcast: Bonus Edition: Michael Cohen vs. the Committee with No Bull On Wednesday, Michael Cohen—the former executive vice president of the Trump Organization, former deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee, and former personal lawyer […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: Special Edition: Buzzfeed Follows Peter Smith’s Money There’s a new twist in one of the stranger subplots of L’Affaire Russe: Buzzfeed News reports that Peter Smith, a Republican operative who reportedly sought to obtain missing Hillary […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: The Challenges of Digital Evidence Encryption usually takes center stage in debates over digital evidence, and the sensitivities around the issue often halt discussions before reaching practical solutions. But on July 25, […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: Culper Partners Rule of Law Series: Sen. Saxby Chambliss In this third episode of the special Culper Partners Rule of Law series, David Kris and Nate Jones speak with former Senator Saxby Chambliss, who served as a senator from Georgia from […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: Ambassador David O'Sullivan on the US-EU Relationship It's easy to spend all our time focusing on American domestic politics these days, but the rest of the world is not going away. Take the European Union, for example—our neighbors from […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: Culper Partners Rule of Law Series: Jamie Gorelick In this sixth episode of the special Culper Partners Rule of Law Series, David Kris and Nate Jones speak with former Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick. Jamie has had a career spanning […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: Culper Partners Rule of Law Series: Eric Holder In this second episode of the special Culper Partners Rule of Law Series, David Kris and Nates Jones, the founders of the Culper Partners consulting firm, speak with Eric Holder, […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: Special Edition: The FBI’s Counterintelligence Investigation of Donald Trump Benjamin Wittes talks to Carrie Cordero, Chuck Rosenberg, David Kris, Jack Goldsmith and Susan Hennessey about the New York Times's report that the FBI opened a counterintelligence […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: John Judis on 'The Nationalist Revival' Political trends in recent years have seen a rise of right-leaning nationalism and populism around the globe, including in the United States. What are the sources of nationalism, and what […]
- The Lawfare Podcast: Should Humans Communicate With Aliens? For years, Shane Harris of the Washington Post has been fascinated with the search for extraterrestrial life in the universe. But that search raises a profound question: Should we try to […]