Suffolk Law School Leading Transformation of Legal Education: AI, Analytics and the 21st Century Law School
I recently had the opportunity to interview Andrew Perlman, The Dean of Suffolk Law School and Professor Gabrielle Teninbaum, Director of the Institute on Law Practice Technology and Innovation at Suffolk Law School. Suffolk is on of the U.S, law schools which has been in the forefront of transforming the law future lawyers are educated. In particular they have focused on preparing students for the emerging technology roles described by legal futurist, Richard Susskind. The interview was published in the March issue of Thomson Reuters Practice Innovations. The article provides insights into upcoming changes law school curriculum, the role of the ABA and law firms in the transformation of legal education and preparing students for practice chances arising from AI and analytics in the practice of law. Read the full interview here.
Read more detail on Recent Law Librarian posts –
- Prestatehood Legal Materials Meet the 21st Century [This guest post by Reference Librarian Wickliffe Shreve highlights the new digital version of Prestatehood Legal Materials in HeinOnline.]Depending on your outlook, a request to do a […]
- Fuel the flame sparked by your law school education with a legal certificate program “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” – Socrates For those of you in law school reading this, let me start with an apology. I’m sorry, but your legal […]
- My Podcast on Sony BMG v. Tenenbaum Sponsored by Suffolk Law School Sony BMG v. Tenenbaum Here is the audio of the nine minute podcast I recently did for Suffolk University Law School discussing the district court's decision in Sony BMG v. Tanenbaum […]
- Law School Distance Learning – Important Guidebook With regards to Online Law Education You do not need undertake a several leading to get into legal requirement school. Rules institutions commonly have an interest in open-handed martial arts styles background scenes. You […]
- RA21 – Resource Access for the 21st Century A recent series of posts in The Scholarly Kitchen discussed the pros and cons of RA 21: Resource Access for the 21st Century. What is RA 21, and how does it relate to more familiar means […]
- Recap of First Day of FTC’s 21st Century Hearings Changes in the economy, technology, international business, and data collection have all converged to make the FTC rethink its enforcement priorities going forward. In the spirit of the […]
- Friday Roundup: Ethics Chatbot, Fraud Analytics, Law School Innovation, and A Lawyer DNA Bank? A roundup of the week’s news from the worlds of legal technology and innovation. Analytics on health care fraud. Bloomberg Law introduced Health Care Fraud Analytics, a tool designed to […]
- THE 21ST CENTURY IS NOT LIVING UP TO EXPECTATIONS: Robots Ruin Robot Hotel…. THE 21ST CENTURY IS NOT LIVING UP TO EXPECTATIONS: Robots Ruin Robot Hotel.
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts -
- Is the 21st Century Cures Act a Solution or a Problem? In December, 2016—a time when the U.S. Congress could barely agree on anything—the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate came together to pass the 21st Century Cures Act. […]
- Cle on Estate Planning for Modern Families: Flexibility and Other Considerations for the 21st Century The American Law Institute is holding a webcast entitled, Estate Planning for Modern Families: Flexibility and Other Considerations for the 21st Century, on Wednesday, January 30th, 2019, […]