Siberian Shamans Revive Ancient Camel-Burning Rite ‘to Help Russia’
A recent video showing Siberian shamans performing a sacrificial burning of camels “for the consolidation of Russia and its peoples” has outraged online users and drawn the prosecutors’ attention. Footage dated Feb. 1 showed shamans in the Irkutsk region dragging two-humped camels, lighting a bonfire and beating traditional tambourines in a circle. In the video, Russia’s deputy head shaman Artur Tsybikov is heard explaining that a total of five camels had been sacrificed. via www.themoscowtimes.com H/t LGS.
Read more detail on Recent Legal Theory posts –
- NEW RUSSIA INDICTMENTS, BUT NOT A LOT OF HELP FOR THE NARRATIVE: Deputy AG Rosenstein: "Ther… NEW RUSSIA INDICTMENTS, BUT NOT A LOT OF HELP FOR THE NARRATIVE: Deputy AG Rosenstein: "There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There […]
- Talc Powder Mesothelioma Lawsuit Involving J&J, Rite Aid Heads To Trial In South Carolina
Read more detail on Recent Medical Malpractice posts -
- Norway thinks it captured a Beluga whale that was spying for Russia Russia may be resorting to more unconventional methods of espionage these days, dragooning Mother Nature into helping the country extend its spying capabilities. That’s what Norway […]
- NLRB Asks D.C. Circuit to Revive Review of Joint Employer Standard Under BFI; Hy-Brand Decision Vacated Following NLRB Ethics Official’s Report On March 1, 2018, the Deputy Associate General Counsel for the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) asked the D.C. Circuit to revive its review of the Obama-era Browning-Ferris […]
- Egyptian law would put ancient monuments under copyright
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - General Legal News
- Episode 009: “To the Best of my Knowledge” – The case against attorney use of VA Form 21-4138. In a recent court appeal, the VA was relying on the unsigned and unsworn statement of a random government bureaucrat. This bureaucrat was “testifying” to the lack of existence of any […]
- An Ancient Coda to My 21st-Century Divorce (New York Times) I thought my gay ex and I had closure: a rabbi knew better.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Divorce Law
- THE BRAVE NEW AGE OF GENDER-NEUTRAL KIDS: Has anyone looked into whether this is part of a plan to… THE BRAVE NEW AGE OF GENDER-NEUTRAL KIDS: Has anyone looked into whether this is part of a plan to re-elect Trump?
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts -
- The Ancient World | China
The Ancient World | China
The laws and customs of the ancient world still shape the best and worst of China today, says Frances Wood It's hard to avoid superlatives when describing […]
- RETURN OF PREFERENTIAL PAYMENT ARISING FROM FRAUD SETTLEMENT DOES NOT REVIVE CREDITORS NONDISCHARGEA In Busseto Foods, Inc. v. Charles Laizure (In re Laizure), No. 06-1112 (9th Cir. B.A.P., September 1, 2006), the Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel affirmed a Bankruptcy Court […]