Separated Couple Can’t Agree On How To Satisfy Equalization Payments
There are many considerations a couple must take into account when going through a separation or divorce. One of these is what happens to the matrimonial home. There are typically two options available to a couple. The first is for the home to be sold and the proceeds split. However, if one member of the […] The post Separated Couple Can’t Agree On How To Satisfy Equalization Payments appeared first on Jason Howie.
Read more detail on Recent Family Law posts –
- Former Spouses Can’t Agree On Value Of Business And Home Dealing with the division of property can be one of the more complicated elements of going through a divorce or separation. If you and your spouse have substantial assets or debts, […]
- Loveless – What Happens When A Divorcing Couple Can’t Escape A Conflict Trap? A Mediator’s Review The Russian film Loveless, directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev, is an intense, provocative drama that can be viewed on many levels. It is a comment on what happens when a marriage breaks […]
- Couple Returns To Court 15 Years After Divorce When a couple separates and eventually finalizes their divorce, they are likely to be relieved that the process is over. However, the decisions doesn’t always stay in the past. One […]
- What if we still can't agree even after working through divorce mediation? It happens. Not all mediations are successful. Mediation can be terminated, suspended or postponed. Some couples are just not ready to work together or don't have the necessary trust […]
- Can You Start Dating While You Are Separated in South Carolina? Lawyers in Charleston, SC - Futeral and Nelson, LLC As divorce attorneys in Charleston, South Carolina, oftentimes our clients ask us whether they can start dating while they are […]
- Cybersecurity Tips for the Newly Separated Divorce can prompt mental health issues, financial duress, and several other problems...but did you know that it can also be a security risk? Cybersecurity is of increasing concern in an […]
- Enjoying the Holidays With Your Children When You are Newly Divorced or Separated For family law attorneys, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . fights over holiday parenting time. The holiday season is often a time of stress, and sometimes of sadness, for […]
- Children's passports when parents are unmarried or separated The United State Department of State offers a variety of resources, including the Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP). Visit the website here.
Read more detail on […]
- What happens on death when you've been separated from your spouse for eons, but not divorced? Many of you know people who have been separated from a spouse for years but who have never bothered to go through with the divorce. Sometimes I meet clients who tell me that they have been […]
- How Will the New Tax Code Affect Spousal Support Payments in a Divorce? As the biggest change to the federal tax code in decades, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) will have a sweeping impact on how much individuals and businesses will have to pay the […]