Sen. Harry Reid Delays Budget Vote Until 1pm Sunday
Sen. Harry Reid has decided there's no more jams to kick out tonight for the Senate. The 1:00 am vote has been postponed until 1:00 pm Sunday to give everyone more time to make bad decisions. Negotiators told National Journal that progress was made on the toughest remaining issue — a so-called trigger to ensure that spending cuts of up to $2.4 trillion would, in fact, be instituted by a special committee the debt-ceiling bills in Congress would establish. Here are the details on the 12 member Joint Commission proposal (Section 301 of H.R.2693.) The Commission must finish its report with spending cut recommendations by Nov. 23. They will be voted on by Dec. 23. No amendments will be allowed. Also, no motions to postpone or move on to other business, no motions for points of order. Translation: Reid to Republicans:[More…] Here's a thread to vent your frustration. Update via Bloomberg News: The new panel would have to act before the Thanksgiving congressional recess in late November or government programs including Defense and Medicare would face automatic, across-the-board cuts, the person said.
Read more detail on Recent Criminal Law Posts –
- CHUTZPAH ALERT: I Sure Hope Mitt Romney Primaries Trump, Says … Harry Reid. Harry. Reid…. CHUTZPAH ALERT: I Sure Hope Mitt Romney Primaries Trump, Says … Harry Reid. Harry. Reid.
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts -
- Analysis of Medicare, Medicaid, and Other Health Policy Provisions in Bipartisan Budget Act The newly-enacted Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 includes numerous Medicare, Medicaid, and other policy and payment provisions impacting health providers and manufacturers. Of particular […]
- Reid speaks on JFK and his space legacy Thursday was the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of John F. Kennedy as president, a milestone marked by a ceremony at the US Capitol whose guests included NASA administrator Charles […]
- Senate Majority Leader Reid Lambasts Tax Cuts he Voted For Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) voted last December to extend the Bush Tax Cuts. Here is Mr. Reid's new position on the those cuts:: More than anyone else, these millionaires […]
- Sunday Night TV and Open Thread (The latest in Hurricane footwear.) Sunday and Thursday are currently the best TV nights of the week. Tonight, Food Network's "The Great Food Truck Race" is in Denver. […]
- Reid & Hellyer Team Supports Client & the Community at the Mission Inn Run in Riverside One of Riverside
Read more detail on Recent Business Law Posts -
- Bad Economy Forces Thelen Reid Out of Business According to a report in New York Lawyer, the Partnership Council of 400-lawyer Thelen announced it voted to dissolve the firm. The firm expected to close on Dec. 1.
An early sign of […]
- Harry & David in Bankruptcy When economic times were great, people bought fruit baskets from Harry & David. Sales at Harry & David began to slump in 2008 according to Bloomberg Businessweek on April […]
- Lehman, Barzel, Harry & David, Hooters Casino: Bankruptcy Bloomberg Businessweek weekly bankruptcy roundup: Read it here.
Read more detail on Recent Bankruptcy Posts -
- Sen. Warren’s anti-corruption bill would restore ALJs to competitive service, codify Chevron, curb lawmakers’ and lobbyists’ activities By Mark S. Nelson, J.D. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass) said she will introduce a wide-ranging anti-corruption bill aimed at curbing perceived abuses within the three constituent […]
This entry was posted in Criminal Law
and tagged budget
. Bookmark the permalink