Secret Santa Gives to the House
I blast them when they misjudge. So its fair to praise them when they get it right. And on Wednesday White House and Justice Department officials got it right — at least for now — by promising to cooperate a bit with a House investigation into the destruction of those CIA videotapes. “The wisdom, propriety and appropriateness of the decision to destroy these tapes are worthy and compelling subjects of an oversight investigation,” a Justice Department spokesman declared last night in an about-face so complete the poor fellows neck must still be sore. What happened to all the chatter about leaving the executive branch — the Justice Department and the CIA — to handle the investigation alone, without any legislative or judicial intervention? Its gone, apparently, for the moment.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Judiciary
- Congress Gives the Aviation Industry the Keys to the Hen House In recent months, since the tragic crashes of two Boeing 737-Max aircraft in disparate areas of the globe, both the public and the press have expressed surprise at the finding that the […]
- Associação questiona leis de Santa Catarina que estariam comprometendo atuação da Defensoria Pública no estado A Associação Nacional das Defensoras e Defensores Públicos (Anadep) ajuizou a Ação Direta de Inconstitucionalidade (ADI) 5998, com pedido de liminar, no Supremo Tribunal Federal (STF), […]
- Santa Visit Highlights Christmas At Sea
Santa Visit Highlights Christmas At Sea
The H. Lee White Marine Museum is pleased to host its annual “Christmas at Sea” open house on Dec. 12 from 1 to 4:30 p.m.
Read more on Oswego […]
- Case o The Week: McKeown Makes Like Trebek, Gives Big Jeopardy Win — Brazzel
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Judiciary
- Boldly (and Badly) Going Where no White House Has Gone Before Douglas W. Kmiec, a law professor at Pepperdine and a former Justice Department official during the Reagan administration, has an interesting op-ed today in the Los Angeles Times entlted […]
- Who are the cleared advisors that have access to secret ACTA documents? (KEI) "The negotiating text of ACTA and many other documents, including even the lists of participants in the negotiations, are secret. The US White House claims the secrecy is required as a […]
- May 5, 1789 – Alexander Hamilton Gives George Washington Entertainment Advice On this day in history, Alexander Hamilton wrote to George Washington in apparent response to an oral inquiry by Washington concerning the “etiquette proper to be observed by the […]
- Opening: Reference Librarian, Santa Clara University School of Law Heafey Law Library Santa Clara University, a private Jesuit Institution, invites applications for the following position in the Heafey Law Library: REFERENCE LIBRARIAN The Santa Clara University School of […]
- Local News (Santa Cruz Sentinel) After four chancellors in five years, an almost complete turnover among deans and several new administrative hires on the growing campus, UC Santa Cruz faculty want the next chancellor to […]
- Santa in g-string arrested on DUI charge Read full story for latest details.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - General Legal News
This entry was posted in Judiciary
and tagged gives
. Bookmark the permalink