"Salacious and unverified": Did the Memo misquote Comey on the dossier?
And so, the big question. If it was easy enough for Frey to track down what Comey actually said based on public transcripts, why does Nunes’s Memo insist on implying that Comey claimed the entire dossier was unverified? And if we can’t trust Nunes to be square with us on that, how can we trust his other claims? via hotair.com Well, it would be very foolish for Nunes to insist that the Memo was all that the United States relied upon before the FISA court if it were not at least an or the essential piece of the case. It also seems pretty unlikely to me that Comey had some smoking gun the he revealed in the in camera session of the committee. More likely he just had yet more complicated layers of this story. Haven't these guys ever read a spy novel?
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts –
Last search terms:
- MAY? Trump May Revoke Security Clearances of Brennan, Clapper, McCabe, Comey, Hayden, and Rice…. MAY? Trump May Revoke Security Clearances of Brennan, Clapper, McCabe, Comey, Hayden, and Rice.
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts -
- Democratic rebuttal calls Nunes memo 'deliberately misleading' – NBC News WASHINGTON — A top House Democrat is challenging the core conclusion of the memo released by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes on Friday, calling the allegation that the […]
- Unsurprisingly, Colorado congressional contingent contesting AG Sessions' decision to rescind Cole Memo Two new article from the Denver Post detail the various steps being taken by various members of Congress from Colorado in response to Attorney General Sessions' recent decision to […]
- DOJ OIG on Comey, Clinton email investigation: OMG LOL Enlarge (credit: Mark Wilson / Getty Images News) The Department of Justice's Office of the Inspector General has dropped a 500-page report detailing its investigation into the […]
- James Damore's (aka Google Memo Guy's) NLRB charge withdrawn An interesting update on James Damore aka Google Memo Guy, who I wrote about previously. As I stated in that post, I thought he had a viable protected concerted activity claim, but that […]
- Comey, Trump, and Andrew Johnson In a post titled James Comey Says Donald Trump Is Not the Worst U.S. President Ever , Newsweek includes text:Comey said: “I would rate him [Trump]… one or two, probably one. We have had […]
- NYT Book Review – A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies and Leadership – James Comey Book Review – James Comey Has a Story to Tell. It’s Very Persuasive. “…In his absorbing new book, “A Higher Loyalty,” the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey calls the Trump presidency a […]
- Pruitt Memo Centralizes Veto Power on Waters of the U.S. On March 30, 2018, EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt issued a memorandum eliminating the authority of Regional Administrators to veto decisions by the Army Corps of Engineers to grant a […]
- AG Sessions' decision to rescind Cole Memo ultimately leads to Prez Trump pledge to safeguard states' marijuana reforms As reported in this CNN piece, "Trump promises GOP lawmaker to protect states' marijuana rights," a little more than three months after Attorney General Sessions decided to […]
- The OLC Memo on the Acting Attorney General The memo is very thorough, and I’m almost convinced that the Whitaker appointment is legal. Here is my remaining constitutional question. I’m still not clear on what the point of a recess […]