Riot Compensation for Businesses

Many businesses and indeed anyone who has suffered loss as a result of the recent riots may find that they are not insured. Most insurance policies exclude losses caused by riots. But there is a possible source of compensation, if only for damage to buildings. The Riot (Damages) Act 1886 covers loss to buildings and allows claims against the Police provided they are submitted within 14 days. It has been reported that the Prime Minister David Cameron has stated that this will be increased to 42 days. Many insurers will pursue these claims on behalf of their insured, but anyone wishing to claim must do so quicky. A useful article appeared in the Publican's Morning Advertiser, the trade press for pubs bars hotels and other licensed premises, with a link to a compensation form. Follow the link.,I2LG,17JY33,1GW89,1 So anyone who has suffered damage should contact their insurers immediately and find out if they will submit the claim on their behalf, and provide full details oif the claim. If not, a claim should be submitted to the Police Authority as a matter of urgency. Nigel Musgrove Business Solicitor 01285 847001

Read more detail on Recent Business Law Posts –

Legal notice about the Riot Compensation for Businesses rubric : Hukuki Net Legal News is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content from Web sites outside of the site. Please refer the progenitor link to check the legal entity of this resource hereinabove.

Do you need High Quality Legal documents or forms related to Riot Compensation for Businesses?

This entry was posted in Business law and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply