Recap of First Day of FTC’s 21st Century Hearings
Changes in the economy, technology, international business, and data collection have all converged to make the FTC rethink its enforcement priorities going forward. In the spirit of the 1995 Pitofsky Hearings, the FTC on September 13, 2018 kicked off the first day of hearings on Competition and Consumer Protection in the 21st Century at Georgetown University Law Center. The public hearings are expected to open the debate up to the public and experts so the FTC can formulate a modern antitrust enforcement and consumer protection agenda. The first day of hearings was broken into three panel discussions which broadly discussed the current landscape of antitrust law, U.S. economic competitiveness, and consumer protection and data privacy. The discussions focused on process and substance and how best to reframe FTC priorities to deal with complex 21st century issues. Panelists drew lines in the sand when it came to whether the FTC is successfully navigating the landscape in an era…
Read more detail on Recent Antitrust posts –
- FTC Announces Hearings On Competition and Consumer Protection in the 21st Century – very important In what I believe will help frame antitrust and consumer protection for a considerable time, the FTC Announces Hearings On Competition and Consumer Protection in the 21st Century. The […]
- WELL, THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY, YOU KNOW: Chinese spacecraft makes first landing on moon’s far si… WELL, THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY, YOU KNOW: Chinese spacecraft makes first landing on moon’s far side. “The pioneering landing demonstrates China’s growing ambitions as a space […]
- THE 21ST CENTURY ISN’T TURNING OUT AS I’D HOPED: First XDR typhoid is on the verge of being untreat… THE 21ST CENTURY ISN’T TURNING OUT AS I’D HOPED: First XDR typhoid is on the verge of being untreatable, spreading globally.
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts - Justia […]
- Comcast Bid 16% More Than Disney for 21st Century Fox, Filing Shows Although its rebuffed proposal was higher on a per-share basis, Comcast didn’t offer protection if a deal was blocked, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange […]
- Disney’s Deal for 21st Century Fox Is Said to Be Close The $60 billion-plus acquisition would give Disney control of most of Rupert Murdoch’s movie and TV empire, and give a serious boost to the company’s streaming ambitions.
Read more […]
- Is the 21st Century Cures Act a Solution or a Problem? In December, 2016—a time when the U.S. Congress could barely agree on anything—the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate came together to pass the 21st Century Cures Act. […]
- "Aging in the 21st Century: Using Neuroscience to Assess Competency in Guardianships" Recently posted on SSRN: "Aging in the 21st Century: Using Neuroscience to Assess Competency in Guardianships" BETSY GREY, Arizona State University (ASU) - Sandra Day […]
- Suffolk Law School Leading Transformation of Legal Education: AI, Analytics and the 21st Century Law School I recently had the opportunity to interview Andrew Perlman, The Dean of Suffolk Law School and Professor Gabrielle Teninbaum, Director of the Institute on Law Practice Technology and […]
- FDLI’s New Medical Device Requirements and Where Manufacturers Should Focus: MDUFA, FDARA, and 21st Century Cures By Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C. — On Friday, February 9, 2018, from 2:00-3:30 PM ET, the Food and Drug Law Institute (“FDLI”) will be hosting a webinar, titled “New Medical Device […]
- 21st CENTURY RELATIONSHIPS. I’m Sorry And I Want You Back: Mary Katharine Ham’s Open Letter To H… 21st CENTURY RELATIONSHIPS. I’m Sorry And I Want You Back: Mary Katharine Ham’s Open Letter To Her Eyebrows.
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts -