The following tips can help divorced parents work better together in matters pertaining to their children:
- Try to make your dealings with your childs other parent as pleasant as you can — even if he or she doesnt.
- If your ex knows how to get under your skin and uses this knowledge unfairly, resolve to keep your cool anyway.
- Bring a friend with you when you have to see your ex in person, as the mere presence of another person often calms the mood.
- Dont hang on to old resentments, especially when your children are present.
- Take time to calm down and remind yourself that the remaining connection to your ex is solely about the welfare of your children.
- Bite your tongue when you are tempted to speak ill of your ex in front of the kids.
- Talk to your ex about how to handle discipline, school projects, health-care matters, extracurricular activities and other situations you both need to have input on.
Source: "After Divorce, Take Steps to Smooth Parenting Issues" by Doreen Nagle, published in The Indianapolis Star.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Divorce LawLegal notice about the Parenting Tips for Divorced Parents rubric : Hukuki Net Legal News is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content from Web sites outside of the Hukuki.net site. Please refer the progenitor link to check the legal entity of this resource hereinabove.
Do you need High Quality Legal documents or forms related to Parenting Tips for Divorced Parents?