Obama Administration Agent Suspected of Having Swine Flu
Posted by Jacqueline Colclough
The Washington Post is reporting that a member of the security advance team for President Obamas trip to Mexico is suspected of having contracted the swine flu and transmitted it to his family in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. The agent is on the staff of Energy Secretary Steven Chu and appears to have transmitted the virus to his wife, son and nephew.
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs has reported that the President has not been affected by the virus, further stating that White House physicians believe that he does not need to be tested. President Obama was in Mexico for less than 24 hours en route to the three-day Summit of the Americas in Trinidad and Tobago. A museum official who escorted Obama through an exhibit died of health problems unrelated to the flu a week later, and White House officials earlier this week went to great lengths to explain that "the presidents health was never in any danger."
Previously on the DC Metro Area Medical Malpractice Law Blog, we have posted the following articles:
- Swine Flu Affects Maryland Residents;
- Swine Flu Raising More Questions Than Answers While the U.S. Sees Its First Fatality;
- World Health Organization Raises Swine Flu Pandemic Alert to Phase 4;
- CDC Provides Swine Flu Questions and Answers.
If you have been in contact with anyone who has traveled to parts of the world where swine flu has been detected, we encourage you to seek a medical evaluation. Obviously, if you suffer any symptoms associated with swine flu, please seek medical attention immediately.
For information, please click here or contact us at Regan Zambri & Long, PLLC at 202-463-3030.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Medical malpractice law
- Cain blames Obama for having to "bum a ride with the Russians" National Journal reports that Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain blamed Obama on Friday for cuts to the space program and vowed to make the US the "leader of the space […]
- Immigration Lawyer Reminds us of the Brutality of the Obama Administration Via immigration lawyer Bryan Johnson: For those with short memories, here is a glimpse through my eyes when Obama brutally tortured thousands of immigrant children, including many of my […]
- Obama Administration Says Deficit Reduction Should Include Financial Crisis Responsibility Fee and End LIFO Accounting The Obama Administration wants the deficit reduction legislation produced by the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction created by the Budget Control Act to include a Financial Crisis […]
- Obama administration supports Internet privacy legislation at Senate hearing [JURIST] The Obama administration on Wednesday backed Internet privacy legislation at a hearing [materials] before the US Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation […]
- Obama administration urges Supreme Court to reject expedited health care review [JURIST] The US Department of Justice (DOJ) [official website] filed a brief [text, PDF] with the Supreme Court [official website] Monday urging the court not to take a case challenging […]
- Obama administration invokes state secrets in effort to block targeted killings lawsuit [JURIST] The Obama administration on Friday filed a brief [text, PDF] with the District Court for the District of Columbia [official website], asking the court to dismiss a lawsuit [text, […]
- Antitrust Under an Obama Administration Posted by D. Daniel Sokol This was an electoral landslide. What the election means for antitrust remains to be seen depending on who runs DOJ and FTC. The Daily Deal suggests that the next […]
- Obama Administration Enacts Restrictions on Fishing to Reverse Decline of Aleutian Sea Lion Federal regulators proposed new commercial fishing restrictions in the Aleutian Islands last month in an attempt to aid the declining population of the Steller sea lion. The federal Marine […]
- The Obama Administration Tries Making a Change President Elect, Barack Obama has announced a job stimulus plan that is geared towards creating more jobs while providing individual states with much needed funding for highway […]
- Hedging Against a Tax Rate Increase in an Obama Administration The latest Real Clear Politics national poll gives Obama a 7.8 lead, and Greg Mankiw (Harvard University, Department of Economics) questions why the current Intrade market places a […]