My theory – when the law gets too complicated, it goes away.
I have a theory. I think it applies to immigration law. I don’t know if it applies to American law generally. The theory is that when a point of law reaches a high degree of complexity, eventually the point of law goes away. The mechanics are usually the same. Some issue becomes contentious in immigration cases. As usual in an appellate case regarding a contentious legal issue, the court can either go with outcome A or B. The court makes… Read more » The post My theory – when the law gets too complicated, it goes away. appeared first on Montag Law.
Read more detail on Recent Immigration Law posts –
- Chipping Away at the RIAAs “Making Available” Theory of Copyright Infringement I. Introduction On September 8, 2003, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) filed copyright infringement lawsuits against 261 individuals for sharing songs on peer-to-peer […]
- DTV Ancillary and Supplementary Services Report Goes Away for Most TV Stations By Warren Kessler Today the FCC publicly released a Report and Order eliminating TV stations’ annual obligation to report whether they have provided feeable ancillary or supplementary […]
- The SEC has the Munchees: Eating away at the “utility token” theory Yesterday, the SEC issued an enforcement order regarding Munchee’s token offering and SEC Chairman Jay Clayton released a general public statement on cryptocurrencies and ICOs. For those […]
- With Interest: The Week in Business: CBS News Gets Its First Female President, and Theranos Goes Back to Court Government shutdown fallout is hitting airports hard — also, your grocery store. And European officials are scrambling for a Brexit backup plan.
Read more detail on Recent Business Law […]
- What is an ADA accessible website? Well, it’s complicated. What does it mean for a website to be “accessible?” The standard answer for several years, now embodied in the implementing regulations for Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, is that […]
- Most Important Things to Consider for When Hiring an Attorney for Your Complicated Tax Counsel Introduction: It is crucial to evaluate each prospective attorney you consider to assist with your sensitive tax situation using a number of important criteria. Before choosing a firm to […]
- Legal Theory Lexicon: Inference to the Best Explanation (Abduction) Introduction Early in the first year of law school, students are likely to realize that facts are crucially important. But the law school curriculum is designed so as to make the process […]
- Mule-Drawn Carriage Ride Prompts Complicated Insurance Lawsuit Is a “parade” the same thing as a “fair” or a “charitable function”? You probably never stopped to think about this comparison before, yet it is a central legal question in an ongoing […]
- Temporary Lay-Off – A Complicated Issue In a recent case, the court considered the complex question of a temporary lay-off and the ramifications of a request made by the employer for a return to work. Lay-Off as Termination […]
- Legal Theory Lexicon: The Construction Zone Introduction Law students quickly learn that many legal texts are vague or open-textured. Words like "reasonable" and phrases like "freedom of speech" do not provide […]
This entry was posted in Immigration law
and tagged Away
. Bookmark the permalink