Michigan State University Will Pay $500 Million to the Victims of Former Physician Larry Nassar
Michigan State University will pay $500 million to the victims of former physician Larry Nassar, who molested hundreds of girls and young women while working as a sports medicine specialist on-campus. According to the New York Times, the settlement will entail the largest amount ever paid in a sex abuse scandal involving in American university. The post Michigan State University Will Pay $500 Million to the Victims of Former Physician Larry Nassar appeared first on Legal Reader.
Read more detail on Recent Products Liability posts –
- Michigan State Agrees to Pay Sexual Assault Victims $500 Million In a May 16, 2018 press release (here), Michigan State University announced that its board of trustees has approved a settlement in which the university agreed to pay MSU doctor Larry […]
- Highlighting comments, commentary and consequences from state sentencing of mass molester Larry Nassar
Read more detail on Recent Criminal Law posts -
- Gunman Kills Parents in Central Michigan University Dorm Room A gunman who shot two people in the dormitories of Central Michigan University is still on the run. Law enforcement confirmed they were searching for a suspect following a daylight murder […]
- Companies Behaving Badly Part 7: USA Gymnastics & Michigan State As part of a weeklong series, the personal injury attorneys of Chicago’s Levin & Perconti have been highlighting the list of companies named by the American Association for Justice […]
- Judge Scraps $215 Million Sex Abuse Settlement with University of Southern California A federal judge found the disbursal plan severely lacking in its practicality.
Read more detail on Recent Products Liability posts -
- On LawNext: LegalZoom’s GC on the Company’s $500 Million Investment Earlier this week, as I reported here, the online legal services company LegalZoom announced a $500 million secondary investment, the largest investment ever in a legal technology company. […]
- Reiter and Walsh ABC Law Centers Donates Books to Reach Out and Read at the University of Michigan Each month, we’re donating to a pediatric fund at Michigan Medicine, the healthcare system run by the University of Michigan. This month, we turn our support towards the Reach Out and Read […]
- Reiter & Walsh ABC Law Centers Supports University of Michigan Epilepsy Discovery Fund Recently, firm president Jesse Reiter has made several donations to important medical funds at the University of Michigan. One that he chose to support is the Epilepsy Discovery Fund. What […]
- Baylor University Settles Title IX Lawsuit With Former Volleyball Player Earlier today, Baylor University agreed to settle a federal Title IX lawsuit filed by a former volleyball player after she was allegedly “drugged and gang-raped by at least four football […]
- Gibbons Advises Leading Car Rental Companies on $500 Million Project at Newark Airport — Industry’s First P3-Structured Consolidated Rent-A-Car Facility Gibbons P.C. served as lead counsel to Avis Budget Group, The Hertz Corporation, Enterprise Holdings Inc., and Advantage Inc., operators of national rental car brands Budget, Alamo, […]