LexisNexis Practice Guide: New Jersey Probate and Estate Administration, by Peggy Sheahan Knee
Probate and estate administration is a dynamic area of New Jersey practice featuring a major revision of the Probate Code (NJS Title 3B) in 2005, further revision of the Code to include domestic partners in 2006, and, the landmark New Jersey Supreme Court decision of Lewis v. Harris (10/25/2006), which instructed the State Legislature to provide the benefits of marriage to same-sex couples via an appropriate statutory remedy, and which sets the stage for additional amendments to the Probate Code. Peggy Sheahan Knee, a principal architect of the revised Probate Code, has written an authoritative, procedurally-driven analysis that is on the cutting-edge of legislative changes affecting intestate succession, domestic partners, elective share, guardianship and which also captures the practical, “how-to” aspects of managing an estate in clear, precise, terms, from inception to completion.
Read more detail on Recent Law Librarian posts –
- LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Civil Trial Practice, by Honorable Daniel J. Anders, General Editor (Author) , Bobby Ochoa, III, Esquire, Associate Editor (Author), 2018 Edition LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Civil Trial Practice provides in-depth practical guidance on Pennsylvania law and procedure with step-by-step guidance essential to […]
- IDAHO SUMMARY ADMINISTRATION PROBATE FOR A SURVIVING SPOUSE By Lane V. Erickson, Idaho Estate Planning Attorney It’s never easy when a spouse passes away. When this happens, the surviving spouse usually doesn’t know what to do. Whenever this […]
- I'm the Estate Trustee…How to I Obtain Probate? I've previously blogged about how a prospective estate trustee obtains probate when there's no will, so today I thought I'd review how an estate trustee appointed under a […]
- What is an Executor of a Probate Estate? What is an Executor of a Probate Estate?Executor:The person named in a Will to carry out the wishes and intentions of the will, also known as a personal representative. Administrator:A […]
- Probate Judge Accused Of Handling His Own Private Practice Matters A recently-certified complaint alleging misconduct by a probate judge may be found on the web page of the Ohio Board of Professional Conduct. The judge was sworn in to fill an unexpired […]
- Who Selects the Executor for Probate Estates in Illinois? | How is an Estate Administrator Determined in Illinois? In this article, we will explain how the role of executor or estate administrator is determined in Illinois probate estates. For some foundational information, check out our previous […]
- ABA Estate Planning, Probate and Trust and Elder Law Joint Committee Meeting Friday, Estate Planning and Elder Law Joint Committee Meetings Friday August 3 ABA Estate Planning, Probate and Trust and Elder Law Joint Committee Meeting Friday, Estate Planning and Elder Law Joint Committee Meetings Friday August 3, at 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm round […]
- How Should an Executor Handle Real Estate in Illinois Probate? In this article we will be exploring the question of how should an executor handle real estate in a probate matter.
Read more detail on Recent Estate Planning posts -
- Meet Peggy! March is Women’s History Month. So introduce yourself to Peggy, the Women and the Law database available on HeinOnline. It brings together books, biographies and periodicals dedicated to […]
- Announcing my new book: Every Californian’s Guide to Estate Planning! My new book, Every Californian’s Guide to Estate Planning is available now and I’m excited to share it with all of you. I wrote it because there isn’t a California-specific estate planning […]