Is Your Teen Driver Ready for the ‘100 Deadliest Days’ of Summer?
As the end of the school year arrives, more teens are on the road in Chicago and throughout Illinois. Unfortunately, the increase in teen traffic during the summer traditionally leads to a spike in deadly teen driving accidents. This is why the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety has labeled the 100 days between Memorial Day and Labor Day as the “100 Deadliest Days.” According to AAA, more than 1,050 people died in traffic crashes involving teen drivers during this time period in 2016. That’s an average of 10 people every day. The fatality rate was 14 percent higher when compared to the other 265 days of the year. Why Do Teen Crashes Increase During the Summer? Several factors contribute to the rise in summer teen driving crashes. Those factors include: Distracted driving – Distraction contributed to 58 percent of the teen driving crashes that researchers analyzed in a study released in 2015. The study looked at dash-cam video and found that teens…
Read more detail on Recent Medical Malpractice posts –
- The 100 Deadliest Days: Advice for Parents of Teen Drivers We are about to enter the Deadliest Days for teen drivers. The days between Memorial Day and Labor Day are the most dangerous and deadly for teen drivers. Throughout the year, teen […]
- Keeping Your Teen Driver Safe From Car Accident Injuries This Summer On Wednesday, July 25th, a Wheeling man was arrested after colliding with a Chevrolet Equinox and killing a Mount Prospect teenager. The 16-year-old driver was taken to the Advocate […]
- Drunk Driver Pleads Guilty in Crash that Killed Houston Teen A suspected drunk driver has pleaded guilty to a fatal crash that killed a high school student who was returning home from prom. Details of the Fatal Houston Crash According to KWTX, the […]
- #The1Llife: The 1L Summer Job: Are we Ready? #The1Llife The 1L Summer Job: Are we Ready? GUEST BLOG Makenzie Way, 1L at the University of Pennsylvania Law School I was excited to be a legal intern, but I couldn’t […]
- AT AMAZON, new bestsellers in Industrial and Scientific. Plus, end of summer days on Bestselling … AT AMAZON, new bestsellers in Industrial and Scientific. Plus, end of summer days on Bestselling Jewelry.
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts -
- WCIOA Will Become Law This Summer – Are You Ready? Whether any of us are truly ready or not, the Washington Common Interest Ownership Act ("WCIOA") takes effect on July 1, 2018. That date will be here sooner than you think. Are […]
- Jacksonville Beach, Summer Days, Gay Days The lazy days of Jacksonville Beaches summer is a time to relax, enjoy the beach, and have a great time. Summer time is also the time to reflect. . . about your life, your partner, your […]
- The deadliest garbage truck company is going out of business After two people were killed by Sanitation Salvage garbage trucks and ProPublica released an in depth look at the company’s dirty business (see previous blog) the trash hauler came under […]
- Pedestrian Crosswalk Injuries to a Headline-Making Helicopter Crash: Advocacy Doesn't Take a Summer Holiday at Luvera Law Firm From crosswalk injury cases to the KOMO helicopter crash, we have had a busy summer earning justice and results for our clients.
Read more detail on Recent Medical Malpractice posts - […]
- Does Violating Traffic Laws Make a Georgia Driver Liable for Punitive Damages? Punitive damages are an extraordinary remedy available in only certain personal injury cases. Under Georgia law, a plaintiff can only seek punitive damages if the evidence shows the […]