International Legal Strategy Conference – Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Instututo OMG will host the second International Congress on Legal Strategy Conference on July 31-August 1, 2019 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The 2019 conference theme is Smarter Contracts. Renowned experts, academics, practitioners and thought leaders are invited to discuss how contracts can be used to attain business objectives. A multifaceted approach will guide the discussion, focused on the following dimensions: a) Smart Contracts, Fintech, and Blockchain. How are emerging technologies – like blockchain – changing the way that contracts are negotiated and executed? How can technology help register and manage firms’ contractual frameworks and property rights? b) Behavioral Law and Economics and Choice Architecture. How can behavioral insights guide contractual strategy in order to achieve business objectives? How do behavioral biases, heuristics and cognitive limitations affect decision making in a contractual setting? Using nudges, default rules…
Read more detail on Recent Law Librarian posts –
- State Department's Annual Report on International Child Abduction: Dominican Republic The U.S. State Department has recently released their annual report on International Child Abduction. Below is our fifth post in a series here focusing on the twelve countries classified […]
- Facts on Dominican Republic Facts on Dominican Republic Source: Flickr Did you know that members of the armed forces and the police are not allowed to vote in the Dominican Republic? There are several facts on […]
- How Nativism became the norm in the Dominican Republic Guest blogger: Nancy Giesel, Masters in Migration Studies, graduate student, University of San Francisco Last summer, I lived and worked in the Dominican Republic in an area known as “the […]
- Conference: Evolutionary interpretation in different international legal systems On October 4-5, 2018, the Faculty of Law of the Université de Genève will host a conference on "Evolutionary interpretation in different international legal systems / L’interprétation […]
- Open Data for Case Law: A Digital Republic for Predictable and Attractive Legal Rules Dahmani, Maher and Vermeille, Sophie, Open Data for Case Law: A Digital Republic for Predictable and Attractive Legal Rules (September 13, 2017). Available at SSRN: […]
- NATIONAL DOMINICAN STUDENT CONFERENCE #12 NiLP Guest Commentary The 12th Annual National Dominican Student Conference (NDSC) By Marsha Ranieri The NiLP Report When my friend, Paulette Marte, the president of the Dominican […]
- Domingo on Contardo Ferrini: A Contemplative Legal Historian Rafael Domingo, Emory University School of Law; University of Navarra School of Law, is publishing Contardo Ferrini (1859–1902): A Contemplative Legal Historian in Great Christian Jurists […]
- Jhanice V. Domingo Named Legal Counsel of the Korean American Family Service Center’s New Bergen County Location Einhorn Harris is pleased to announce that partner Jhanice V. Domingo has been named Legal Counsel of the Korean American Family Service Center (KAFSC) at its first New Jersey location in […]
- UN sets up pavilion at Tehran International Book Fair (Islamic Republic News Agency) Iran - UN - Book Fair The United Nations set up a pavilion at Tehrans 20th International Book Fair to contact the people visiting the book fair.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory […]
- ICC Africa Conference on International Arbitration – Lagos, Nigeria The International Chamber of Commerce presents the 4th ICC Africa Conference on International Arbitration June 17–19, 2019, in Lagos, Nigeria.
Read more detail on Recent Law Librarian […]