HUD Cuts Affordable Property REAC Inspection Notice Times
A nugget for our professional apartment management colleagues on the affordable side today. Earlier this week, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) issued a press release stating it was significantly reducing the advance notice the government gives to public housing authorities (PHAs) and private owners of HUD-subsidized apartment communities before their housing is inspected to ensure it remains safe, decent, and healthy. HUD’s announcement (effective 30 days after publication) gives affordable property owners 14 calendar days’ notice before an inspection, a reduction from the current notice which can frequently extend up to four months. The way it currently works is that HUD’s Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) gives management advance notice before a scheduled inspection. That notice can go for as long as 120 days. HUD’s view is if a property owner knows an inspection is coming in, for example, three months, a less than…
Read more detail on Recent Real Estate and Property Law posts –
- Tax Cuts Offer Most for Very Rich, Study Says – New York Times
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Elder Law
- The "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017" (the "TCJA") changed the tax treatment of self-created intellectual property ("IP").
Read more detail on Recent Administrative Law posts -
- CFP: ABA Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law ABA Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law Call for Papers Sustainability in Affordable Housing, Fair Housing & Community Development Abstracts due October 15, […]
- CFP: The State of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program: ABA Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law ABA Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law Call for Papers The State of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program: What’s Working, Problems, Solutions and Visions […]
- HC notice to DGCA on Civil Aviation Regulation amendment (The Times of India) The Delhi HC sought an explanation from Ministry of Civil Aviation if pilots have been empowered to issue fitness certificates to aircraft.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Aviation Law
- HUD Files Disability Discrimination Fair Housing Charge Against Denver, CO Property Acting on a complaint initially filed back in 2016, just yesterday the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) formally charged the owners, architect, and builder of an […]
- CFP: ABA Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law Student Writing Competition From Tim Iglesias: The ABA Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law sponsors an annual student writing competition. I'm attaching the competition guidelines to […]
- 2019 Affordable Housing & Community Development Law Law Student Legal Writing Competition The Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law of the American Bar Association is sponsoring its annual student competition. Details are in the pdf below. Download 2019 ABA […]
- HUD Charges New York Property Owners With Disability Discrimination Over an Alleged Assistance Animal In a case filed last week, the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) formally charged property owners in Syracuse, New York with violating the Fair Housing Act (FHA) […]
- Intellectual Property and the Red Planet: Formulating IP Policies Towards the Successful Colonization of Mars Human colonization of the planet Mars is not a question of “if” but rather of “when,” or “how soon?” The challenges ahead are immense but so too are the perceived benefits. This article […]