How Much Does A Florida Divorce Cost?
This is the number one question I get from new clients. The answer is not easy to give. There a a number of factors that can increase the cost of a divorce. Divorces are very emotional and often times the reason they cost more is that couples can't come to terms with the reality of their situation. An uncontested divorce where both parties are represented will easily cost about $2,500 per person just to iron out the terms of the marital settlement agreement. This is because it takes time to draft all of the documents, schedule the final hearing, and correspond back and forth to make sure the parties agree on everything and are all informed as to their rights in Florida and all matters are addressed in the agreement. If the divorce is contested then all bets are off. Starting legal fees for each party will typically be around $4,000 to $5,000. In addition, Jacksonville judges typically require the parties to go to mediation. If the case doesn't settle at mediation then the parties will have to have a trial or final hearing. A final judgment in a Florida divorce can have long lasting effects that can effect you years after the divorce is final and you have moved on. It should not be taken lightly. Call a Florida Family Law Attorney at our firm to get more information about your rights.
Read more detail on Recent Family Law Posts –
- How much does it cost to file for divorce in Arizona? Filing fees are set by the courts, so the cost to file for divorce in Arizona depends on the county where you file. Most courts have a flat-rate filing fee for a Petition for Dissolution […]
- How Much Does an Uncontested Divorce Cost in Alabama How Much Does an Uncontested Divorce Cost in Alabama? Our divorce lawyers in Montgomery, Birmingham, or anywhere else across the State of Alabama currently charge $290 in attorney fees for […]
- Attorney Fees and Costs: How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Divorce Attorney in Tampa Bay? Divorce may be the right decision for a particular relationship, but getting to the end and seeing a judge officially dissolve the union is an entirely separate matter. Accessing the legal […]
- How Much Does It Cost to File My Divorce? Updated, March 2018 Divorce cases are filed as Domestic Civil Cases in Superior Court. Filing fees to the Superior Court vary by county, see list and links below for the most recent filing fees as of March, […]
- Why do uncontested divorces cost so much in New York State? Many ills in this world can be blamed on lawyers. High insurance premiums and OJ Simpson's being set free after killing two innocent people are probably among them. However, the high […]
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Divorced in New York State? The cost of a divorce in New York State varies widely. The average divorce in the United States costs $20,000.00 (I could not find accurate numbers for just New York State divorces). […]
- The Unexpected Factors That Drive Up The Cost Of Divorce There are many questions that run through your head as you are preparing for divorce. One thing everyone wants to know is what the final cost of divorce will end up being. It turns out […]
- How a Trial Judge’s Lack of ‘Independent Decision-Making’ Allowed a Florida Husband to Get a Reversal in His Divorce Case In any legal action, particularly something as personal as a family law case, you (as a party) hope and expect to receive a fair hearing from the court. So, what can you do if after the […]
- What If My Spouse Controls All The Money And I Need An Attorney For Divorce In Florida? In many Florida marriages, one spouse controls or has all the finances and the other spouse cannot access funds or resources to pay an attorney a retainer to hire the attorney.This not […]
- Divorce Mistakes That Can Cost You Some couples think they can do their own divorce without lawyers. This is called a pro se divorce, which means the party represents themselves. Often, they later discover they have made a […]
This entry was posted in Divorce Law
and tagged Cost
. Bookmark the permalink