How is Property Divided in a Divorce in Alabama?
One question that many clients have when they ask about divorce is how their property will be divided. This question can cause a lot of stress during the divorce process, but the best way to ensure both parties get what property they want is to file an uncontested divorce. An uncontested divorce means both parties […] The post How is Property Divided in a Divorce in Alabama? appeared first on Harris Firm.
Read more detail on Recent Bankruptcy posts –
- How will property be divided in a New Jersey divorce? Whether one is married young or old, many things are brought into a marriage. Even if something is not of much value, when most individuals marry, they are combining their property. For […]
- Is Alabama a 50/50 Divorce State? One of the most common concerns people have when they consider if divorce is the best option for them is how property will be divided in the process. Often, people think that all property […]
- Is There a Waiting Period to Get a Divorce in Alabama? Yes, there is a mandatory waiting period before a divorce can be finalized in Alabama. According to the Code of Alabama §30-2-1, et. seq., there is a thirty day waiting period that must […]
- How is Marital Debt Divided in a Georgia Divorce? When couples divorce distribution of property issues are usually an important consideration. However, marital debt can be just as important. Georgia is an equitable distribution state. […]
- How is Property Divided in Massachusetts? Property Division Laws in Massachusetts? Going through a divorce can be a difficult situation. It can lead to stress and high financial costs if not handled and dealt with swiftly and […]
- How Is Debt Divided in Illinois Divorce? In this article we will explain the division of debt in Illinois divorces, including “types of debt in Illinois divorce”, “what impacts how debt is divided in Illinois divorce?” and “the […]
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Divorce in Alabama if Both Parties Agree? An uncontested divorce usually takes about four to eight weeks after everything has been signed by both spouses and filed with the court. If both parties agree on the big questions of how […]
- How Do I File an Uncontested Divorce in Alabama? Uncontested divorces in Alabama are sometimes called a no fault divorce, and are generally the easiest way to get a quick and cheap divorce. It is where both spouses reach an agreement […]
- How long does it take to get an Uncontested Divorce in Alabama? An uncontested divorce usually takes about five to eight weeks after everything has been signed and properly executed by both spouses and filed with the court. This can vary depending on […]
- How Are Stock Options Divided in Oregon Divorce Cases? As part of our Portland Oregon Divorce practice, we see a lot of people considering divorce that have stock option grants. There is a lot of confusion in the public about whether or not […]
This entry was posted in Bankruptcy Law
and tagged Alabama
. Bookmark the permalink