Has Your Spouse Committed Adultery and You Want to Sue the "Other Woman"

Infidelity is the leading cause of divorce. Shouldn't you be able to hold your spouse legally accountable? It takes two consenting adults to have an affair so can you sue "the other woman" or "the other man"? Seven states in the United States allow lawsuits for alienation of affection. A recent article that was posted in the Huffington Post talks about how South Dakota is one of these 7 states. A recent decision was made to allow this law to remain in affect. Many are opposed to this school of thought. One of these people in particular is Melissa Magstadt, a South Dakota state representative. Her thoughts from the article are as follows, "Property can be stolen. People cannot," state Rep. Melissa Magstadt (R) told the AP. "It is used as revenge and does not serve a useful means to preserve marriage," she continued, noting the propensity for wealthier people to be targeted in this type of lawsuit." While New York does not have the alienation of affection in place, our law office can still provide you with the expert legal advice you need. Please give our office a call at (866) 830-2064 to discuss all your divorce matters. How do you feel about this? Should one be able to sue someone for stealing their spouse? Is stealing a person's affection even possible? For the full article please click here

Read more detail on Recent Family Law Posts –

Legal notice about the Has Your Spouse Committed Adultery and You Want to Sue the "Other Woman" rubric : Hukuki Net Legal News is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content from Web sites outside of the Hukuki.net site. Please refer the progenitor link to check the legal entity of this resource hereinabove.

Do you need High Quality Legal documents or forms related to Has Your Spouse Committed Adultery and You Want to Sue the "Other Woman"?

This entry was posted in Divorce Law and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply