Gorbachev to Gates: Show Software ‘Pirate’ Mercy (CNN)
“Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev on Monday asked Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates to intercede on behalf of a Russian teacher accused of using pirated software in his classroom. In an open letter, Nobel Peace Prize winner Gorbachev said the teacher, Alexander Ponosov, from a remote village in the Urals, should be shown mercy because he did not know he was committing a crime. “A teacher, who has dedicated his life to the education of children and who receives a modest salary that does not bear comparison with the salaries of even regular staff in your company, is threatened with detention in Siberian prison camps,” read the letter, posted on the Internet site of Gorbachevs charitable foundation www.gorby.ru.” …
“We have great respect for the work of Microsofts programmers … and are in no way casting doubt on the principle of punishment for intellectual property violations. “However, in this case we ask you to show mercy and withdraw your complaint against Alexander Ponosov,” the letter read.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Intellectual Property
- Bill Gates says cryptocurrencies have “caused deaths in a fairly direct way” Enlarge / Bill Gates answering questions on Reddit in 2013. (credit: Bill Gates) Microsoft and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation progenitor Bill Gates is not a fan of cryptocurrencies. […]
- Detroit Mercy Seeks to Hire a Tax Prof The University of Detroit Mercy School of Law seeks to hire entry-level or lateral faculty to fill a variety of curricular areas, including tax. To apply, send a letter of interest and a […]
- Hiring Announcement: University of Detroit Mercy School of Law From an email message that I received earlier today: University of Detroit Mercy School of Law seeks applicants for tenured or tenure-track faculty positions in the areas of (i) […]
- Rick Gates Pleads Guilty After New Fraud Indictments, Manafort Maintains Innocence On February 22, the investigative team led by special counsel Robert Mueller unsealed a series of new indictments against former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, as well as his […]
- Judge Puts Hold on Texas Babys Mercy Killing (The Christian Post) A 17-month-old Texan baby who was to be euthanized Wednesday was given some extra time after a probate judge issued a temporary restraining order against the infant’s hospital Tuesday, […]
- Straining The Quality Of Mercy? Nevada's Exculpation Statute The legislatures of California, Delaware and Nevada have each enacted statutes eliminating or limiting the personal liability of corporate directors for monetary damages. Cal. Corp. Code § […]
- Grieving parents call for mercy
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Admiralty-Maritime Law
- Software Piracy Fight Makes Enemies (WashPost) "An analysis by The Associated Press reveals that targeting small businesses is a lucrative strategy for the Business Software Alliance, the main global copyright-enforcement watchdog for […]
- Free, Open Software Supporters Advocate Against Microsoft Document Standard (IP-Watch) Free software and open standards proponents met this week in Geneva to discuss the importance of standards-setting and to debate the role of patent protections and advocate freedom of […]
- Bill Gates
I am China Toys Suppliers writer, reports some information about bedspread sets , fleece sheet set.