Gene Grant: Lingering behind bars, an American dream fades (Albuquerque Tribune)
“All I am asking for is human kindness, not special treatment.” Those are the words of Adil Osman, a Sudanese national and an engineering school graduate who came to Albuquerque to do his graduate work at the University of New Mexico. Hes also the father of a young son and a husband.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Immigration law
- Becoming new parts of American dream (The Philadelphia Inquirer) Jeffrey Wallace, originally from Jamaica, holds a hand over his heart during the national anthem before taking the oath of allegiance and officially becoming a U.S. citizen during a […]
- Law Librarian Blog: American Dream 2.0
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - General Legal News
- IT’S ALIVE AND WELL: To Dream The American Dream…. IT’S ALIVE AND WELL: To Dream The American Dream.
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts -
- American Dream 2.0 What are the most important presidential elections in your lifetime? If you are a Baby Boomer, you may answer 1968, 1980 and 2008. With voter turnout that may be the highest in 100 years, […]
- One in 100: Behind Bars in America in 2008 New report from the Pew Center on the States: "For the first time in history more than one in every 100 adults in America are in jail or prison—a fact that significantly impacts state […]
- Japanese Internment for Children: Review of “Write to Me: Letters from Japanese American Children to the Librarian They Left Behind” by Cynthia Grady Throughout American history, some citizens have had more rights and privileges than others. When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, fear and prejudice towards the […]
- House Democrats Introduce Dream and Promise Act 2019 Flickr: mollyktadams House Democrats are making a move to help Dreamers achieve permanent residence. A new bill dubbed HR 6, the Dream and Promise Act, seeks to provide undocumented […]
- Overdose victims given some protection under new law (KOB-TV Albuquerque) SANTA FE (AP) - The state has a new law that protects those who seek help for drug overdoses. Gov. Bill Richardson signed the measure this week. It provides limited immunity from […]
- The momentum builds to pass the DREAM Act before the end of the year As Congress races to avert a government shutdown before December 22, 2017, the momentum is building for members of Congress to include the DREAM Act on one of the government’s spending […]
- Grand Haven Tribune (Grand Haven Tribune) For those planning a trip out of the country soon, the Post Office can assist in accepting passport applications.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Immigration law