Many over-the-counter Icy Hot therapy products have been voluntarily recalled by Chattem, Inc., according to a recent announcement by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). According to the agency, customers suffered first, second and third degree burns, skin irritation and skin removal due to their use of the Icy Hot Heat Therapy Air Activated Heat patch.
The Air Activated Heat Patches are available in a variety of different applications. Following are the only three applications affected by the recall:
- "Icy Hot Heat Therapy Air Activated Heat—Back
- Icy Hot Heat Therapy Air Activated Heat—Arm, Neck, and Leg
- Icy Hot Heat Therapy Air Activated Heat—Arm, Neck, and Leg, single consumer use samples included on a limited promotional basis in cartons of 3 oz. Aspercreme Pain Relieving Creme"
The products were sold through food stores, drug stores, and mass merchandisers. Consumers who purchased the products under recall should immediately stop using them, destroy them, and/or return them to Chattem, Inc., by contacting their Consumer Affairs Department at 1(877) 742-6275, or via the companys website: www.chattem.com.
Any adverse reactions experienced with the use of these products should also be reported to the FDA Adverse Event Reporting Program, either online, or by fax at 800-FDA-0178.
Previously on the DC Metro Area Medical Malpractice Law Blog, we have posted articles related to:
- An FDA warning that three Botox formulations have been linked to respiratory fatalities
- A looming shortage of Hib vaccine
- Why nursing mothers should use codeine with caution
For information about your legal rights, please click here or call the law firm of Regan Zambri & Long, PLLC at 202-463-3030.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Medical malpractice lawLegal notice about the FDA Announces Recall of Icy Hot Therapy Patches rubric : Hukuki Net Legal News is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content from Web sites outside of the Hukuki.net site. Please refer the progenitor link to check the legal entity of this resource hereinabove.
Do you need High Quality Legal documents or forms related to FDA Announces Recall of Icy Hot Therapy Patches?