Conference: Evolutionary interpretation in different international legal systems
On October 4-5, 2018, the Faculty of Law of the Université de Genève will host a conference on "Evolutionary interpretation in different international legal systems / L’interprétation évolutive dans différents systèmes juridiques internationaux." The program is here. Here's the idea:Evolutionary interpretation is an important concept in international law. Due to the slow nature of negotiations and the amendment processes, as well as the difficulties in reaching a consensus, international treaties are rarely modified. Therefore, how is it possible to ensure a convention, possibly signed more than a century ago, remains relevant in today's world? Evolutionary interpretation allows a judge to adapt his or her reading of the text to new social, environmental or technological realities. The text does not change, its interpretation does. This conference will gather together experts on the topic in various themes of…
Read more detail on Recent International Law posts –
- Tzeng on Contemporaneous and Evolutionary Interpretation of Treaty Terms Peter Tzeng (Foley Hoag LLP) has posted The Principles of Contemporaneous and Evolutionary Interpretation (Book Chapter, in Joseph Klingler, Yuri Parkhomenko & Constantinos Salonidis […]
- Conference: The Theory and Philosophy of Customary International Law and its Interpretation The ERC project on "The Rules of Interpretation of Customary International Law" and the ESIL Interest Group on International Legal Theory and Philosophy will hold a conference on […]
- International Legal Strategy Conference – Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Instututo OMG will host the second International Congress on Legal Strategy Conference on July 31-August 1, 2019 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The 2019 conference theme is Smarter […]
- Conference: Protection of the Environment in Armed Conflict: Testing the Adequacy of International Law On November 7, 2011, T.M.C. Asser Instituut will host a conference on "Protection of the Environment in Armed Conflict: Testing the Adequacy of International Law." The […]
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Second EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR COMPARATIVE LEGAL HISTORY Conference (Amsterdam 9-10 July 2012 The Second European Society for Comparative Legal History Conference will be held in Amsterdam from 9-10 July 2012. The theme is: COMPARATIVE LEGAL HISTORY Definitions and Challenges Call […]
- Conference: ABA Section of International Law Annual Conference On April 9-13, 2019, the ABA Section of International Law will hold its annual conference in Washington, DC. The program is here.
Read more detail on Recent International Law posts - […]
- EC now member of Hague Conference on Private International Law The EC has formally become a member of the Hague Conference on Private International Law on April 3rd 2007. The Commission has issued a press release giving a few more details. In […]
- Conference: Historical Capitalism and International Law On January 18-19, 2018, Sciences Po will host a young scholars' conference on "Historical Capitalism and International Law." The program is here.
Read more detail on […]
- Conference Programme: Commercial Issues in Private International Law, Sydney Last year we posted about an upcoming conference at the University of Sydney Law School on Commercial Issues in Private International Law. The programme for the conference, which will take […]
- Conference: Systems Theory and Human Rights On October 18, 2018, the Centre for Law and Society at Lancaster University Law School will hold a conference on "Systems Theory and Human Rights." The program is here. […]