Brexit: Financial Services breakfast briefing
As the March 29 deadline looms large for the UK’s exit from the EU we are going to slightly deviate from the monthly 40 minute briefing format. The briefing on 6 March will take the form of a 30 minute webinar from 9:00am to 9:30am, in which our financial services partners will discuss what they are seeing in the market as regards firms’ preparations for Brexit and in particular focusing on: The pros and cons of the UK’s temporary permissions regime Transition regimes EU27 Member States are putting in place for UK investment firms If time permits our partners will also conduct a short Q&A session. Please register for the webinar here. The following financial services briefing on April 3, 2019 will revert back to the usual seminar format but will be longer than 40 minutes and again focus on Brexit. An invitation for this briefing will be circulated shortly.
Read more detail on Recent Banking and Finance Law posts –
- AFME Publishes Paper on Brexit Cliff-Edge Risks in Wholesale Financial Services On January 22, 2018, the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (“AFME“) published a paper on cliff-edge risks in wholesale financial services resulting from Brexit. It defined a […]
- Financial Services Trade Associations Urge HM Treasury to Recognize EEA Derivatives Trading Venues in Event of No-deal Brexit A number of key UK, EU and international financial services trade associations published a letter (dated April 5) to HM Treasury on the equivalence of European Economic Area (EEA) […]
- HM Treasury details financial services legislation approach to Brexit By Amy Leisinger, J.D. HM Treasury has set out its approach to financial services statutory instruments (SIs) under the EU (Withdrawal) Act. According to the ministry, during the […]
- Latest financial services and Brexit video: Financial market infrastructure Our latest Brexit video on Financial market infrastructure is available here.
Read more detail on Recent Banking and Finance Law posts -
- New 40 minute briefing recording – FinTech a revolution in the financial services industry The webex recording of our recent 40 minute briefing on FinTech a revolution in the financial services industry is now available. To access the recording please click here.
Read more […]
- February 1 Norton Rose Fulbright New York briefing to focus on Antitrust and Financial Services Norton Rose Fulbright New York office’s next financial services briefing is a luncheon seminar set for Thursday, February 1, 2018, at 12:00-1:00 PM EST. Each month, Norton Rose Fulbright’s […]
- New 40 minute briefing recording: Brexit – deal or no deal The webex recording of our January 40 minute briefing, Brexit – deal or no deal, is now available. To access the recording, please click here. If you would like access to our Brexit […]
- ESA report warns against risks for EU financial markets, Brexit, asset repricing and cyber-attacks key risks On 12 April 2018, the Joint Committee of the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) published a report for the second half of 2017 which outlines the following risks as potential sources […]
- Draft Equivalence Determinations for Financial Services and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 On 17 January 2019, there was laid before Parliament a draft version of The Equivalence Determinations for Financial Services and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment etc) (EU Exit) […]
- BoE evidence to House of Lords’ EU Financial Affairs sub-committee inquiry into financial regulation and supervision following Brexit The House of Lords’ EU Financial Affairs sub-committee has published the transcript of the oral evidence given by Sir John Cunliffe, Bank of England (BoE) Deputy Governor for Financial […]