The profession has demonstrated that that article "2009: Another Year of Economic Darkness for Law Firms" is based on fact. Law.com has even created "The Layoff List" as a running tally. (Also see below.)
There are plenty of ways using law firm marketing to respond to the economic downturn and Ill be speaking about them at two events:
The Harold Levine Real Estate Institute
November 12, 2008 – 9 AM to Noon
One North Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
TAGLAW: Professional Skills Course
Friday November 14, 2008 – 10:45 AM to Noon
Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront
St. Petersburg, Florida
Join me in Chicago or Florida to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just take a look at the layoffs that have hit major law firms this year, particularly in October:
- The demise of Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner, announced October 28, 2008. This was preceded by the firms slashing 26 associates and 85 staff members in March.
- The dissolution of Heller Ehrman, announced in late September.
- Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal October layoff of 37 lawyers, 75 staff members, and 12 lay timekeepers. This follows Sonnenscheins dismissal of 124 employees, including 37 attorneys, six of whom were partners, in May.
- Jenner & Block’s firing of additional 10 partners in October, on top of its firing of other 10 partners in May.
- Katten Muchin Rosenman and Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal layoff of 21 associates and counsel in October.
- Clifford Chances dismissal of 20 lawyers in October.
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft cutting 96 attorneys in July.
- Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge layoff of approximately 10 associates in March.
- Ten U.S. partners and two dozen associates voluntarily leaving Thacher Proffitt & Wood starting in January after a severe slump in the structured finance practice.
Read more detail on Legal News Directory – Legal MarketingLegal notice about the Black October for Layoffs in Law firms rubric : Hukuki Net Legal News is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content from Web sites outside of the Hukuki.net site. Please refer the progenitor link to check the legal entity of this resource hereinabove.
Do you need High Quality Legal documents or forms related to Black October for Layoffs in Law firms?