Being ICE means never having to say you’re sorry.
Suppose people come into your office telling the tale of Immigration and Customs Enforcement doing something off-the-wall illegal to deport someone. Now, you are quite shocked and think there must be some misunderstanding, so you run down to see the person who is in ICE custody and the story of gross illegality pans out. So you call and email ICE – all the numbers they give out and the email they give out. No one responds. So, then, you file… Read more » The post Being ICE means never having to say you’re sorry. appeared first on Montag Law.
Read more detail on Recent Immigration Law posts –
- Good( r ) Leadership Means Having to Say You’re Sorry Regular Zen readers will know that I’m a runner. When you first start running, you tell yourself that it’s the cheapest sport – all you need is a pair of sneakers, and you can head outside […]
- I’m Sorry, But You’re Apologizing Wrong Women who want to help empower other women will often say, “Stop apologizing all the time.” Stop using the word “sorry” when you really mean “I don’t agree.” Stop saying “I’m sorry, I […]
- YOUR DAILY TREACHER: A Red Hat Never Hurt Anybody. Let’s say you’re sitting in Starbucks on a lovel… YOUR DAILY TREACHER: A Red Hat Never Hurt Anybody. Let’s say you’re sitting in Starbucks on a lovely spring day, just enjoying a cup of their burnt, overpriced coffee and minding your own […]
- You’re Being Audited … by the Trademark Office? It’s about that time of year, when you may be thinking about tax season. Tax day is still a few months away, but you may already have received your W-2, or 1099, (or other various […]
- [Kevin Walsh] We Don’t Know What “Natural Born Citizen” Means and Probably Never Will If unjustified exclusion of naturalized citizens doesn't move you to support a constitutional amendment to repeal the Natural Born Citizen Clause, maybe legal uncertainty will. […]
- Is Being Named a Joint Managing Conservator the Same Thing as Having Joint Custody? A question we get asked frequently is whether a client or potential client can get “joint custody” of a child. The term “joint custody” is NOT a term that has legal significance under the […]
- PUERTO RICO NEVER STOPPED BEING A COLONY NiLP Guest Commentary Remembering March 1, 1954: The Day Puerto Rican Nationalists Attacked the United Sstates Congress by Olga Jiménez de Wagenheim The NiLP Report Sixty-four years […]
- What a Government Shutdown Means for Immigration Services Although the ongoing government shutdown is rooted in an immigration matter – the “wall” – its effect on other immigration processes is somewhat limited. Fee-funded activities are not […]
- The Difference Between Charges Being Dismissed With Prejudice and Without Prejudice While you may welcome a dismissal of any criminal charges that you are facing, it is important to know the difference between the different types of dismissals. When a judge dismisses […]
- Deportation by Any Means Necessary: How Immigration Officials Are Labeling Immigrant Youth as Gang Members President Trump has painted with a broad brush immigrants from El Salvador as MS-13 members (and Mexicans as criminals). This report from the Immigrant Legal Resource Center details […]
This entry was posted in Immigration law
and tagged Being
. Bookmark the permalink