American Senior Communities Former CEO Jailed for 9.5 Years for Nursing Home Fraud
James Burkhart, the former CEO of American Senior Communities (ASC), Indiana’s largest nursing home chain, has just been sentenced to nearly 10 years in federal prison. “Obsessed with Money” From 2009 – 2015, Burkhart and several other high-ranking ASC executives engaged in a moneymaking scheme that included kickbacks and overcharging vendors, charges to which Burkhart pled guilty. Burkhart and his associates made $19.4 million during that time period, with $10 million taken from Indiana’s public health system. Continue reading
Read more detail on Recent Injury and Accident Law posts –
- Michigan Home Health Agency Assistant Director of Nursing Sentenced to Three Years for Role in Paying Kickbacks With $1.6 Million in Billings to Medicare The assistant director of nursing of a Michigan home health agency, Juan Yrorita, age 63, was sentenced to 36 months in prison on March 29, 2018 by U.S. District Judge Drain for his role […]
- FORMER NURSING HOME EXEC GOING TO PRISON
Read more detail on Legal News Directory - Medical malpractice law
- Nursing Home Chain Hit With $1.5 Million Verdict in Sex Discrimination Lawsuit as Jury Sides with Former Employee By George F. Indest III, J.D., M.P.A., LL.M., Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law On November 2, 2017, a former elder care facility executive was awarded a $1.5 million […]
- Florida Senior Dies From Heat Stroke After Falling Off Scooter at Nursing Home Last July a resident of a Florida assisted living facility fell off her electric scooter in the community courtyard. She was trapped for six hours before she was found by another […]
- Nursing Home Abuse: Reporting An Incident If you, or someone you know, are under the impression that their loved one is facing nursing home abuse — your number one concern is stopping the abuse, and getting them to a safe place. […]
- Another Connecticut Nursing Home Fined for Inadequate Medical Care We recently blogged about cases of neglect at Connecticut nursing homes. The New Haven Independent reported last Tuesday of yet another instance of poor medical care at a Connecticut […]
- Trump’s Answer To Nursing Home Regulations? Get Rid Of The Rules! Reprint from motherjones.com by Kevin Drum The LA Times reports that nursing homes are cesspools of infection: A Kaiser Health News analysis of four years of federal inspection records […]
- Court Refuses to Enforce Arbitration Agreement in Recent Nursing Home Case Over the past few years, Maryland nursing home arbitration agreements have become very common. Essentially, an arbitration agreement is a contractual term between the resident and the […]
- Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Steps to Take If You Suspect It The post Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Steps to Take If You Suspect It appeared first on Powers & Santola, LLP.
Read more detail on Recent Injury and Accident Law posts - Justia […]
- Social Media and Iowa Nursing Home Abuse The post Social Media and Iowa Nursing Home Abuse appeared first on RSH Legal.
Read more detail on Recent Injury and Accident Law posts -