"After a brief moment of silence, a child in the audience exclaimed, ‘Wow!’. The awe in his voice made the whole audience and ensemble erupt into laughter and applause…"
"… with the orchestra’s CEO David Snead describing it as 'one of the most wonderful moments I’ve experienced in the concert hall.""After the concert, the orchestra began looking for the child – and now, the boy’s grandfather has got in touch. Nine-year-old Ronan is a huge music fan, says his grandfather, Stephen Mattin. Mattin, who took his grandson to the concert, said he 'talked about nothing else for weeks.' Ronan didn’t mean to be disruptive, he told WGBH, explaining that his grandson is on the autism spectrum, and expresses himself in a different way to other people. 'I can count on one hand the number of times that [he’s] spontaneously ever come out with some expression of how he’s feeling,' Mattin said. Mattin reached out to the orchestra after his sister-in-law saw on television that the Handel and Haydn Society was looking for the 'wow kid.'… 'You know,…
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts –
- ELIZABETH WARREN’S “DUKAKIS TANK” MOMENT: The release of her DNA test results right before th… ELIZABETH WARREN’S “DUKAKIS TANK” MOMENT: The release of her DNA test results right before the midterms is almost uniformly seen as a public relations disaster, from which she still is […]
- USING MURDER AS AN EXCUSE TO SILENCE POLITICAL OPPONENTS: The Chilling Censorship of the Christchur… USING MURDER AS AN EXCUSE TO SILENCE POLITICAL OPPONENTS: The Chilling Censorship of the Christchurch Shooting.
Read more detail on Recent Law Professor posts -
- Obama's moment of truth (David Kopel) Outstanding essay on the disaster in Libya and President Obama's failure to act, by Larry Diamond in The New Republic. Diamond mainly discusses the consequences for the […]
- Potential(ly) Reach(ing): Facebook Sued Over Inflated Audience Numbers On August 15, Danielle A. Singer and her company Project Therapy, LLC (dba Therapy Threads) filed a class-action complaint against Facebook, Inc. over its claims concerning ad audiences. […]
- Comedians, Professors, and Changing Audience Expectations by Neil H. BuchananEven before Roseanne Barr's spectacular flame-out this week, I had been planning to write a piece about the unfairness purportedly suffered by entertainers who must […]
- Official Smartest Person in our Audience Congrats to VANESSA, winner of our official "Smartest Person in our Audience" Contest following yesterday's webinar. In recognition of Vanessa's efforts, she will […]
- This “Captured Audience” will break the Romaine E. coli Outbreak Eight people locked up together eating the same romaine lettuce at the same time is an epidemiologist’s dream – especially when those eight people are linked to some 50 illnesses linked to […]
- Is the Captive Audience Doctrine the Key to Regulating Harassment? For many women, a simple walk down the street to the grocery store can put them at risk of sexual harassment: kissing noises, whistling, or verbal taunts hurled in their direction by […]
- Smartest Person in Our Audience Contest To help reward those who managed to stay awake throughout my entire webinar today, here's our Official "Smartest Person in the Audience" Contest. The rules are simple: the […]
- Secunda on Workplace Captive Audience Meetings Paul Secunda has posted Towards the Viability of State-Based Legislation to Address Workplace Captive Audience Meetings in the United States on SSRN. Here is the abstract:The U.S. Supreme […]